Cooladine Burial Ground (Enniscorthy)

Cooladine Burial Ground dates from 1799 when “Elizabeth Chamberlain leased to Friends of Cooladine, a plot of land for their own burial ground, of 1 rood, 20 perches in extent. “The register records 100 burials since 1811 with a note that 16 graves from 1820 to 1839 have been obliterated.” (Source: David M. Butler, The Quaker Meeting Houses of Ireland, 2004)

Status: In use, recent burials, some grave mounds visible, some headstones extant.

Names of families buried there include: Thompson, Bobeare, Webb, McQuillan, Martin

Also see Cooladine Friends Meeting House

Location Map & Photos (Click an image to enlarge it)

This entry was posted in Burial Grounds. Bookmark the permalink.