Forest Burial Ground comprises of 1 acre, 2 roods and 15 perches. It was situated to the rear of Forest Meeting House and was separated from it by an earthen bank. The first recorded burial was that of Jacob Martin of Aughfad, Taghmon in 1792. Also buried there is Jacob Martin’s grandson, Jacob Poole who is remembered today for his benevolence to the Catholic communities of Killiane and Kilmacree and for his compilation of the words and phrases of the Yola dialect of Forth and Bargy. (Source: David M. Butler, The Quaker Meeting Houses of Ireland, 2004 & Friends Historical Library, Dublin)
Names of families buried there include: Burnside of Cullenstown Castle, Sheppards of Hilltown Castle, Martin, Poole, Sparrow, Richards and Warriner.
Status: Not in use, some grave mounds visible, some headstones extant, partial ruins of old meeting house visible.
Also see Forest Friends Meeting House
Location Map & Photos (Click an image to enlarge it)