Ballintore Friends Meeting House (Ferns)

Ballintore Meeting House was built in 1789 by Foster Tackerberry. The site for the meeting house having been provided by Quaker, William Tackerberry. It was leased to friends for 1d pa. The meeting was ‘laid down’ in 1980 and the property was surrendered in to private ownership. The entrance to the meeting house was at the rear, where a lobby and women’s room were erected late in the 19C. Although it had a boundary on the road, it was entered from the lane, which ran the full depth of the plot, beside it. An early photograph shows the original plain entrance doorway. The side facing the road was blank. (Source: David M. Butler, The Quaker Meeting Houses of Ireland, 2004)

Status: Extant – Private – Domestic residence

Location Map:

This entry was posted in Meeting Houses. Bookmark the permalink.