Wexford Town Meeting House was built in 1746 on land given to Friends by John Deanes of Silverspring in 1743. The meeting was ‘laid down’ in the late 18C and in 1795 it seems the Methodists held meetings there for a time without the consent of Friends. The building fell in to decay.
The meeting was revived in 1841 and the old meeting house demolished. The new meeting house was erected in 1842. A block with cloakrooms and toilets was added later. The meeting was discontinued in 1927 following the departure of the 3 remaining Thompson families. It is now in private ownership and used as a rehearsal hall for a band. (Source: David M. Butler, The Quaker Meeting Houses of Ireland, 2004)
Status: Extant – Private – Band Hall
Also see Wexford Town Burial Ground
Location Map & Photos: