This gallery contains 9 photos.
Ballinclay Burial Ground which dates from 1778 is situated in the middle of a large field and is framed in a small copse. It is surrounded by a stone wall and its entrance is that of an arched gateway. Originally it … Continue reading
This gallery contains 14 photos.
Cooladine Burial Ground dates from 1799 when “Elizabeth Chamberlain leased to Friends of Cooladine, a plot of land for their own burial ground, of 1 rood, 20 perches in extent. “The register records 100 burials since 1811 with a note … Continue reading
This gallery contains 16 photos.
Corlican or Rathaniska Friends Burial Ground is located in an ancient circular ring fort (rath). Its boundary is of earthen bank, approximately 34m in diameter. It is surrounded externally by a flat-bottomed fosse or ditch which measures up to 6m wide … Continue reading
This gallery contains 19 photos.
Forest Burial Ground comprises of 1 acre, 2 roods and 15 perches. It was situated to the rear of Forest Meeting House and was separated from it by an earthen bank. The first recorded burial was that of Jacob Martin … Continue reading
This gallery contains 3 photos.
New Ross Burial Ground was already known as a Quaker burial ground when it was acquired from John Elly in 1730. It is walled with an arched entrance gate. A list of burials from 1730 -1859 are recorded. (Source: David M. … Continue reading
Wexford Town Burial Ground was acquired in 1726 when Elnathan Allen leased to Friends, 4 perches sq ‘near the town wall of Wexford for ever at 2/- pa’. however a report in 1876 states that after only 2 burials the … Continue reading